After a very successful episode in ancient Greece, Assassin’s Creed this time tackles the Viking era, with Assassin’s Creed Valhalla which puts us in the shoes of one of these fierce warriors from the north. The formula does not necessarily change, however, and the title retains the structure of the two previous episodes, with a large open world to explore, multiple choices in quests, and above all a whole lot of secrets to discover.
To guide you through this rich universe, we have prepared several guides and tips that will help you progress well in the game, as well as an FAQ that will answer the most frequently asked questions about the game.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Guide
You will find in this part all the guides and tips for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla . Our complete solution of the main story as well as all our advice to complete all the side quests as easily as possible.
Note that this section will be regularly updated after the game is released, so don’t hesitate to browse this guide to use new tips.
- The Battle for the North Way – Rygjafilke
- Soma’s Song – Grantebridgescire ( suggested power: 20 )
- The Kingmaker Saga – Ledecestrescire ( suggested power: 20 )
- The story of thegn Oswald – East Anglia ( suggested power: 55 )
- The Palatine Stone – Oxcenefordscire ( suggested power: 90 )
- Fate of the Most High – Asgard ( suggested power: 90 )
- The City of War – Lunden ( suggested power: 90 )
- Vinland Saga – Vinland ( suggested power: 0 )
- The Book of Dragons – Sciropescire ( suggested power: 130 )
- The Instrument of the Ancients – Hundred ( suggested power: 130 )
- Siege of Portcestre – Suthsexe ( suggested power: 160 )
- A Breviary of Broken Hearts – Essex ( suggested power: 160 )
- The History of Hunwald–Lincolnscire ( suggested power: 160 )
- The City of Greed – Jorvik ( suggested power: 190 )
- The words of Halfdan – Eurvicscire ( suggested power: 190 )
- The Snow Saga – Jötunheim ( suggested power: 190 )
- A Wickerfire Tale – Glowecestreswax ( suggested power: 220 )
- The City of Faith – Wincestre ( suggested power: 250 )
- A Tale of Two Jarls – Snotingehamscire ( suggested power: 250 )
- In the hall of the dead – Norway ( suggested power: 280 )
- Traveling Merchant Quests
- The Thousand Looks
- Baker’s Quests
- The Baker’s Lament
- Huntress Quests
- the huntress
- Have you seen this man?
Wrath of the Druids expansion quests
- Trade with Ireland
- Irish Adventure
- blood bond
- Snare Thorstein
- Capture of Rathdown
- Flann in charge of Ireland
- Character demonstration
- War effort
- Position in Connacht
- blood potion
- In the fog
- The lands of the North
- court the kings
- The mask of diplomacy
- The fruits of war
- A plague of snakes
- The cost of betrayal
- How to get money fast?
- How to restore your health?
- How to get the secret blade?
- Obtain materials and raw materials easily
- All about the camp
- How to unlock a skill?
- How to unlock Asgard?
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
When and on which platforms will Assassin’s Creed Valhalla be released?
The game will be released on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia and Xbox Series X|S on November 10, 2020 and on PlayStation 5 on November 19 .
How can we benefit from Next-Gen improvements?
The PS5 version of the game will be available for free to owners of a PS4 version. Note that if you own the disc version of the game, you will not be able to obtain the improvement on a digital PS5. On Xbox consoles, the game will benefit from Smart Delivery with an improvement reaching 4K and 60 fps , just like on PS5.
Is it necessary to have played previous Assassin’s Creed to play Valhalla?
For several years, each episode has been more or less independent of the others. Therefore, it is quite possible to play this opus first. The only narrative link that returns between the episodes is that of the story set in our modern era, which justifies diving into the Animus and into the different historical eras. However, this aspect of the scenario has been very incidental for a few episodes, and does not interfere with the overall understanding of the game’s scenario.
What is the historical background of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
The game will immerse us in the time of the Vikings, with their conquests and their longships in the ninth century around 870 AD. Several characters who really existed will be present such as Alfred the Great, king of the region of Wessex in England. The game will also take place in Norway, the starting point for an epic journey through your colony in search of better living conditions.
How big will the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla map be?
After some hesitation, the creators have announced that the game map will be slightly larger than that of Odyssey , the previous installment, in particular because they have created a large part of England (with mainly three cities London, Winchester and York) but also from Norway.
In addition, recent images have shown the presence of the two mystical lands of Asgard and Jotunheim, without further details regarding their extent.
What is the name of the main character in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
The player will have the task of embodying Eivor , a hero who can be both male or female. Moreover, it will be possible to change it at any time during the game.
The character can be personalized (hair, beard, clothes, tattoos etc.) but not his face itself. You can also choose the Animus for the sex of the character depending on the moments of the game, making the whole thing a bit less coherent in the end. We can also recruit a second, who will follow us in all our raids and that we can also customize.
What about the choice dialogue system?
Being an integral part of the latest games of the license, the dialogues of choice will of course be back in this new opus. Along with the ability to act on ongoing quests based on your responses, these choices will also allow you to strike up romances with other characters, pushing the RPG components of the game even further.
Will we be able to lead longships in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
After the ultra-important presence of boats in the previous Assassin’s Creed Odyssey game , maritime navigation will return with the possibility of sailing the legendary longships of the Vikings, in rivers narrower and more sinuous than the expanses of the Greek islands. Naval battles will also be back, to a lesser extent than in previous games.
What items will Eivor’s arsenal be made up of?
Multiple weapons will be available such as swords or axes (with the possibility of throwing them towards your enemies), but also spears or even shields or bows. It will now be possible to fight with a weapon in each hand (combinable at will).
Unlike previous games, each piece of armor will be unique and you can improve it while customizing it excessively.
What is the main argument in the communication of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
Just like in Assassin’s Creed III in particular, you can create and improve your colony. Eivor will be the leader and your improvements obtained will allow you to recruit various people around the world (blacksmiths, tattoo artists, warriors etc.) with the possibility of customizing some of them.
It is important to know that the colony will be the central hub of the map, around which the regions to explore and conquer will be decided. Buildings can be expanded, improved, and each decision made can lead to future events. The mass fights will be back and you will be able to ally with clans in particular by organizing arranged marriages.
What happened to the eagle that accompanied us?
The help of an animal will again be present in this opus but it will not be an eagle but a black crow, more related to Nordic mythology. In addition, the player will be all the less guided in his objectives with fewer indications of places or objects reported by the animal.
Will mythology make a comeback in this episode?
Norse mythology will obviously be very present in this episode. We have already seen the first glimpses of the kingdoms of Asgard and Jotunheim, which it will obviously be possible to visit in any way in the game. As for the mythology of the series, we still know little , but everything suggests that the two mythologies will be linked.
Will the game include a multiplayer component?
No, the game will only be playable in single player, Ubisoft being still reluctant to incorporate such a component into an Assassin’s Creed game . But by creating your second, you can share it with your friends and send it to help them in their raids in order to collect rewards for your game.
What is the lifespan of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
Given the previous games and the content promised to players in this new opus, we should not expect to fall below 50 hours of play if we seek to obtain the coveted 100%.
Who composed the music for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
The two main composers of the game are:
- Jesper Kyd , who notably worked on the first Assassin’s Creeds .
- Sarah Schachner , to whom we owe the music for Assassin’s Creed Origins .
We also find Einar Selvik who had participated in the soundtrack of the Vikings series .
Are expansions already planned for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
Yes, a Season pass , included in the Gold editions, provides new locations, costumes or dedicated missions. This content will be gradually available to fans in the months following the game’s release.
The first expansion, The Wrath of the Druids, will be available in early 2021 and will take us to Ireland, while the second, The Siege of Paris, will plunge us, as its name suggests, right into the city of Paris, when the Vikings are trying to break through the impassable wall of the kingdom. More information in this article.
What are the different editions of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla?
In addition to the single edition of the game, Ubisoft offers several editions of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla for different prices.
- Pre-order the Limited Standard Edition on PS4
- Pre-order the Limited Edition on PS5
- Pre-order the Limited Standard Edition on Xbox One / Xbox Series
- Pre-order the Gold Edition on PS4
- Pre-order the Gold Edition on PS5
- Pre-order the Gold Edition on Xbox One / Xbox Series
- Pre-order Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition on PS4
- Pre-order Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition on PS5
- Pre-order Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition on Xbox One and Xbox Series
Edition with figure pack
This pack offered by Amazon includes the game in its Gold edition as well as a figurine bearing the image of Eivor.
- Pre-order the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Game + Figure Pack on PS4
- Pre-order the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla game + figure pack on Xbox One / Xbox Series
- Pre-order Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition on PC
- Pre-order Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition on PS4/PS5
- Pre-order Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ultimate Edition on Xbox One/Xbox Series
What are the PC specs of the game?
To see more clearly, Ubisoft has unveiled a summary table of the game’s recommended or required configurations.
What will Assassin’s Creed Valhalla offer in terms of accessibility?
The game promises to give pride of place to accessibility with in particular many aspects such as the difficulty levels, which will be divided to configure the gameplay phases according to the player profile. Thus, it will be possible to adjust the intensity of the fights and the difficulty of the infiltration phases differently, as is the case in a lot of games currently.
In addition, the controls will benefit from many customization options including QTE settings, subtitle size or even a color blind mode. All options are listed (in English) on the publisher’s official website.
- Game Name: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Developer : Ubisoft Montreal and 14 other studios
- Genre : Action / Adventure
- Price : €69.99
- Media : PC, Stadia, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS5
- Release date : November 19 on PS5 and November 10 on other platforms
- PEGI 18
For more information on the title, we invite you to follow the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla sheet . For specific tips or if you have any questions, you can let us know in the comments.