Insults, embarrassing situations, unfortunate looks, slights between them… over four years, the former presidential couple starred in several controversial moments.
They have been one of the most controversial presidential couples in the United States in recent times, they have broken with the image of the united and stable marriage that the inhabitants of the White House generally had to show to the Americans.
Donald and Melania Trump came to shake the presidential inauguration due to the scandals in which they were involved in both political and personal issues. His rise to the number one position of power in the most powerful country in the world has caused each of his movements and actions to be recorded by the entire planet’s media.
Below we list data and controversial moments of the Trump couple during the four years that they were the presidential couple.Melania’s father was a member of the Communist Party.
- Melania Knauss, now 50, was born in Slovenia on April 26, 1970. She grew up in a family that lived in socialist Yugoslavia, her father Viktor Knavs was a member of the Communist Party, which has been frowned upon and attacked for decades in the United States. Joined. Melania’s mom, Amalija, grew onions.
- Donald Trump was born in New York on June 14, 1946. He grew up in a family of “Big Apple” businessmen, his father, Fred Trump, founded the Trump Organization, and his mother was a housewife. His well-to-do backgrounds were criticized throughout his tenure for his “tantrum” behavior.
The New York Post revealed completely nude photos of Melania Trump, in a shoot she did for an adult magazine in 1995.
- Melania began her career as a model at the age of 16. She was the face of the clothing company Vezenine Bled and at 24 (in 1995) she posed nude for the adult magazine Max Megazine. In August 2016, when Trump was president, those photos surfaced again thanks to the New York Post.
It may interest you:
- The day Trump took office as president of the United States (January 20, 2017) and arrived at the White House, he was widely criticized, because before anything else he went ahead to greet the Obamas and left his wife Melania behind. It was even Barack who realized that Melania was coming after the new president and helped her up the stairs to introduce her into the conversation after her.
Do not miss!
- The Trump couple also went through difficult times in the public eye, since at various times they forgot that they were followed by dozens of cameras every time they appeared at an official event. The first was the slap that Melania gave Donald when he arrived in Tel Aviv; the second when she refused to take his hand at the White House when receiving the president of France, Emmanuel Macron.
- And so there were other rudeness, the last being in August 2020, when getting off the presidential plane, after a flight from New Jersey to Washington DC. In the video, the president and the first lady are seen walking hand in hand down the stairs of the aircraft. Suddenly, she removes her hand and tries to stick it to the skirt of her dress, but Trump does not give up and tries to hold Melania’s hand again without success, as she even turns more to the opposite side.
They say Melania looked embellished at Justin Trudeau.
- At the G7 meeting in France, when Melania greeted the Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, the photographers captured how she gazed spellbound at the Canadian politician, which generated a wave of memes and comments on social networks.
- Their controversies invaded the media time and time again, one of them caused by the coat that Melania wore at the commemorative event of September 11, 2019, where she was accused of little sensitivity due to the fact that the seam of the piece simulate a tower traversed by an airplane.
Donald Trump went so far as to deny that he knew Jeffrey Epstein.
- Trump did not escape scandal either when, for example, his relationship with financier Jeffrey Epstein, accused of trafficking in minors and who committed suicide in prison in August 2019, was revealed.
- Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady was published last year, in which Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, Melania’s former best friend, made some very strong revelations: from Ivanka Trump’s feud with her stepmother, going through the misuse that she and her husband made of their email accounts to attend to personal things, and intimacies such as the fact that Melania refused to use the Obamas’ bathroom.
During last year’s Republican Convention, Melania made an unexpected call for unity.
- In August 2020, Melania stole the spotlight by toning down Trump’s aggressive speech and acknowledging the pain caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The former first lady offered comfort to the victims in the US, in contrast to the aggressive speech that dominated the Republican convention. “My deepest sympathy goes out to all those who have lost a loved one, and my prayers are with those who are sick and suffering,” she said.
- The time Melania visited a migrant community in Texas wearing a trench coat with the phrase: “The truth is that I don’t care, do you?” is also unforgettable. This occurred after the president launched a “Zero Tolerance” initiative that ordered the families of immigrants to be separated in that country and which he withdrew due to worldwide disapproval.
The unfortunate look of Melania Trump.
- The assault on the Capitol will be remembered as one of the darkest and most controversial moments that the Trump couple faced. The former president not only called the people who stormed the compound on January 6 of this year “patriots”, he was also accused of urging the participants to do so. To complicate his situation, the AP agency revealed that members of the Trump campaign were behind the assault on the Capitol. This case is still under investigation.