We all try to live more sustainably, but what exactly does it mean and what changes can we make in our daily lives to adopt a sustainable lifestyle? From food to energy consumption, from means of transport to the choice of products to buy, here are our tips on how to live sustainably.
How can we be more sustainable? Let’s discover sustainability together
Let’s start with the definition of sustainable life. Put simply, it is a lifestyle in which each of us tries to reduce the use of natural resources to limit the ecological footprint that is left on the planet.
Tips for an eco-sustainable lifestyle
There are some areas of your daily life where you can make changes:
- Energy consumption
- Means of transport
- Choice of products
Let’s briefly analyze each of them.
How to live sustainably through nutrition
We are what we eat: food has a great impact on the planet and on our ability to be more sustainable. Here are some examples of sustainable food choices:
- Reduce the amount of red meat you consume: compared to other foods it is much more harmful to the environment.
- Eat locally produced food – it will require less transport and therefore fewer polluting emissions.
- Eat seasonal products: they will not require special treatments and long journeys by means of transport.
How to be more sustainable at home by reducing waste
Reducing the amount of waste produced is one of the main ways to be more sustainable. First, buy less, reuse what you buy instead of throwing it away, and choose items that can be recycled. To lead an eco-sustainable lifestyle you can:
- Reduce food waste by checking supplies, making a meal plan, writing a grocery list, buying only what you need, using leftovers, and composting waste.
- Reduce water waste by taking quick showers instead of the bathroom, turning off the tap when brushing your teeth, collecting rain in a tank to water the plants, and using the washing machine only when fully loaded.
- Reduce what you throw in the bin by learning how to fix defective items instead of replacing them, mending clothes, and reusing furniture.
Consumption of sustainable energy to live sustainably
Sustainable choices also involve energy consumption. For example, you can:
- Switch to a new 100% renewable and clean energy supplier.
- Install an adequate thermal insulation system for more efficient heating.
- Unplug electrical devices when not in use.
- Turn off the lights when they are not needed.
- Use LED bulbs instead of halogen.
- Use hand devices rather than electrical devices, such as a dustpan and broom rather than a vacuum cleaner.
How to be more sustainable by using means of transport
Can we adopt an eco-sustainable lifestyle by changing our means of transport? You can reduce your ecological footprint by doing this:
- Use your car only when you need it.
- Use public transport.
- Get fewer flights.
- Bike or walk when you can.
How to live sustainably by choosing the right products
All the products you use have an impact on the environment, from design to packaging to transportation. Here’s how to live sustainably by buying the right products:
- Choose products from companies that are committed to being more sustainable.
- Opt for products protected by recyclable packaging and made from recycled materials.
- Use only what you need, choosing the appropriate amounts.
- Choose the most sustainable products where possible, such as products with a lower ecological footprint.
Choose Tempo Natural & Soft, the handkerchiefs that take care of your skin but also of the environment. Did you know that the packaging is made with over 30% recycled plastic and that the entire package is recyclable to reduce plastic waste?
How to live sustainably with Tempo
In Tempo, we are working to reduce our environmental impact and to be more sustainable in the most important areas of our business by investing in product research and innovation, in packaging and in the way we produce and deliver goods to stores.
We are working to make our packaging 100% recyclable and to use 85% renewable or recycled materials by 2025. Regarding energy use, Tempo aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from manufacturing. by 25% by 2030. This will further help reduce our ecological footprint.
Now that you know how to live more sustainably, you can start leading a sustainable lifestyle and making a difference.